Thursday 6 June 2013

It seemed like a good idea last year....

About 12 months ago I was sat nervously in front of my computer pressing 'refresh' every 10 seconds or so from 9:58 onwards until suddenly there it was, the entry page for the 2014 Marathon Des Sables had gone live! Two or three minutes and five hundred quid later I had a confirmed entry. If sitting pressing 'refresh' and waiting for the exact moment the entries opened sounds a little excessive then its worth noting that eleven minutes after the entries opened all the UK confirmed places were gone!

A few people seem interested in why and how I'm going to do the MdS - mostly the 'why' if I'm honest - so I thought maybe I should write something for those people. The intention isn't to go into huge depth about training and equipment - although inevitably they will figure quite a lot - but is more for those that want to follow my journey to the start line and see how my thoughts and ideas develop. It will be updated randomly when I get round to it and think I have something to share. The next post will discuss what I've been doing to prepare over the last 12 months and how I've already got it wrong once....

No comments:

Post a Comment